Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Beginnings of My Blog

To introduce myself, I am one of two weavers of Kindred Spirit Weavers. I am going to attempt to keep a record of my weaving life on this blog. I have been a fiberholic for as long as I can remember, back to the days of making potholders about age 8, taught myself to knit about age 10, then sewing which I am not fond of but had 8 years of in 4-H, embroidery,traditional rug hooking, then weaving, my passion since 1983. I am pretty much self taught which means I only know one way of doing some parts of the weaving process which isn't always the most efficient way so it's a good thing I don't have to depend on weaving to make a living. I recently acquired a Weavebird computerized loom which is going to require that I learn some new techniques in warping and threading but will give me a whole new world of pattern weaving. Up to this point I have used more color and texture than patterns so I am looking forward a whole new learning experience. Recently I took a 2 day class with Laura Fry, a wonderful Canadian weaver learning different weave structures, and am going to John C. Campbell Folk School for a weekend class by Kathrin Weber Scott on Dyeing cotton the end of this month. This year is one of new friends, new ideas, learning new techniques and now blogging. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

1 comment:

  1. I want to be the first to follow your blog and tell you good job!

    ReplyDelete